Comical Hornet 2WD Buggy Assembly Kit
A New Face on the Field!
The original Hornet needs little introduction. It was a Tamiya legend which inspired legions of fans since the 1980s.
For many, it was their very first introduction into the world of radio control assembly kits. The original Hornet is still among Tamiya’s best-selling kits to this day. Now the legend is re-imagined as the Comical Hornet, with a new body inspired by the famous original.
The re-imagined body, which includes a newly designed driver figure, sits on a new and dedicated variant of the proven off-road chassis: the WR-02CB.
Download the manual here.
- Superb performance both on and off road
- Durable monocoque centerpiece and inline battery pack position
- 4-wheel double wishbone suspension and 2-piece steering tie-rod set up
- Polycarbonate body with sticker design based on the original Hornet
- Suspension arms feature multiple damper attachment holes for easily adjustable performance
- New 2-piece orange & white wheels molded in durable ABS
- New tire design, with rib pattern front and block pattern rear
- Oil-filled CVA mini shock units provide superb cushioning for off-roading
- Comical Hornet model assembly kit
- Headlight cases, for installation of separately sold LEDs
- Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC electronic speed control (21.5 turn brushless motor limit) (23 turn brushed motor limit)
- Type-540 brushed motor
- Driver figure
- Internal gear ratio: 18.3:1
Required Items For RC Functionality
- 2-channel radio transmitter, receiver & servo
- 7.2-volt battery pack
- Battery charger
- Optional: Tamiya PS/TS paint.
- Note: Must use a round type battery pack. Square shaped batteries will not fit battery compartment.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT
356 x 244 x 195 mm
Did You Know That...
- The ESC controls the speed of the car by moderating the motor
- The receiver gets instructions passed from the transmitter
- The servo takes the instructions & sends them to the motor
- The motor puts this into action to carry out vehicle commands