Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Zero Fighter Model 22 (Zeke) Model Aircraft Assembly Kit
Experience The War Bird Collection
This is a 1/72 scale model of the Mitsubishi A6M3/3a Zero Fighter Model 22 (Zeke)Aircraft, number 85 in Tamiya's war bird collection. Tamiya's war bird collection offers a window into the world of historical aviation with their true to life masterpieces. These kits are very user friendly and a great intro for beginners.
The A6M3/3a Zero fighter (Model 22) was designed to correct some of the shortcomings of its A6M3 (Model 32) predecessor, which included reduced flight range. This entailed the Model 22 being given standard-length 12m wings and receiving a larger fuel tank, measures which were largely successful.
A version was also produced with longer machine gun barrels. The Model 22 was first assigned to flight groups from early 1943, and saw action in the hotly-contested Solomon Islands area.
Ready to assemble precision model kit (requires glue). Optional paint & modeling glue is not included.
- Its more symmetrical form is captured by the model
- Can be assembled with longer wing mounted machine guns
- Cockpit interior and landing gear bay are also accurately reproduced
- Choose between and open or closed canopy
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
1/72 plastic model
Did You Know That...
- This model was created to fix many operation deficiencies
- It is sometimes considered an early production model 52
- Changes included folding wingtips and changes to the fuel tanks
- The new design helped restore its long rage capabilities