Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter (Zeke) Model Aircraft Assembly Kit
Experience The War Bird Collection
This is a 1/72 scale model of the Mitsubishi A6M2b Zero Fighter (Zeke) Aircraft, number 80 in Tamiya's war bird collection. Tamiya's war bird collection offers a window into the world of historical aviation with their true to life masterpieces. These kits are very user friendly and a great intro for beginners.
From the early days of the Second Sino-Japanese War to the end of hostilities in the Pacific, the Mitsubishi Zero served as the Imperial Japanese Navy's main frontline fighter. The first major mass-produced version was the A6M2b.
Equipped with 50 cm folding wingtips to enable it to fly from aircraft carriers, it was flown by expert pilots and took part in operations such as the Pearl Harbor attack and the invasion of the Philippines, its 3,000 km range, powerful 20 mm cannon armament, and legendary maneuverability quickly earning the respect of Allied aircrews.
Ready to assemble precision model kit (requires glue). Optional paint & modeling glue is not included.
- Great replication of its flowing, graceful form, including cowling and long wings
- Details unique to the A6M2b such as the interior and gear case at the front of the engine
- Fully opening canopy
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
1/72 plastic model
Did You Know That...
- Zeke was once considered the world's best carrier fighter
- It combined maneuverability with very long range
- The A6M2b was created from changes made to the 65th aircraft
- These changes included folding wingtips to allow for aircraft carriers